400 ml. plain yoghurt
1 cup of fruit – banana, mango, papaya; anything that blends smooth and doesn’t have seeds.
sugar to taste
for banana ice cream I’ve also added a little vanilla and cinnamon
– Blend all ingredients together. You could omit the sugar if you want, or substitute it with honey, though I’ve never tried it so I don’t know if it would change the consistency.
– Freeze in a shallow pan, plastic container, or ice cube tray.
– When frozen, break into small chunks or dump ice cubes and put in blender. Add a bit of milk and blend until smooth.
– The finished consistency is that of a milkshake. If you want it more solid just return it to the freezer until set.
– Another idea I had was, after reblending it, to pour it into popsicle molds and freeze. It would probably work too.
And a warning, kids. Mommies like this too and may eat it all before you get a chance. I know I did. 😉
Got some tips for making this better? Tell me about them in the comments.